The church's main roof beams have a series of carved heads, probably dating back to circa 1300 AD. These heads are not normally noticed because they are high up on the ancient roof beams, repaired and replaced during the rebuilding of 1875-76. Many of the heads have been replaced or repaired at various times and especially during the 19th century restoration. Below are some of the best examples though there are more to see. (Read more about the roof beams in the next section 'History') The photographs were taken by Cliff Sidnell.